Monday, June 26, 2006

juicy oranges are great!



I haven’t blogged it up in a long time. Lot’s of excuses if you care to hear.

-the internet has been fickle. It’s free after all so I can’t complain.
-the myspace. I’ve got friends and I look at stuff over there. There must be a way of hooking up my blog with the myspace blog thing.
-the football. The dang football.
-the lack of pictures I have for you folks. Posts get boring without the visual.
-the lack of confidence I have that anyone reads this darn thing.

So, what have I been up to? Doesn’t that sum it up? I’ve been watching (and sleeping through, I’ll admit) a lot of football.

Last week I went to visit another printer. They specialize in covers and jackets. Does anyone know what a cyrel plate is? I do. How cool is that? A cyrel plate is the plate that is used to put the spot uv on a cover. You know the little shiny bits on books, the clear stuff that stands out on the title or the authors’ name? Well, that is spot uv.

Our company doesn’t have a Christmas party. Instead we have a summer party. We took a boat down the Thames to Kew gardens. 1 1/2 hrs is not nearly enough time to see all of the stuff there. For starters, they have 500 species of grass. Damn.

Saw Thank you for Smoking with Linda for the orange Wednesday promo. 2 for 1 if you have an orange phone. Thanks for letting me be your date Linda! I loved absolutely everything about that movie (with the exception of Katie Holmes. That part could have been played by ANYBODY, why her?!). The opening credits were sharp and the music, oh, the music! I’ve got to do a bit of research and find out where I can get my hands on that stuff.

And that is what I’ve been up to lately. The World Cup ends on July 9th. I think Wimbledon will still be on at that time, so TV isn’t sport free yet.

1 comment:

MeeMa Knows Best said...

You would feel right at home in our house. We've watched more football than I care to admit. Justin has taken Maddie to several pubs to get her to watch matches with him. I suppose it is more fun when there are others shouting at the roof tops than just your own Pop.

I'll read your blog with or without pics!