Monday, September 18, 2006

Quite the weekend

It was a good weekend. The weather was lovely and managed to stick to our guns and spend little money! Even went to a new grocery store (Morrisons) that was further away, just so we could spend less (it's supposed to be cheaper there, I think it is).

On Saturday we decided to look at some of the places open for Open House London. It's a weekend where loads of homes and businesses and historic places are open and free to the public. I was all excited for the day and thought I would cook us up a nice breakfast before going on. A fry-up. Toby said it was just as good as a caf, but less greasy. I think that's a good thing.
fry-up

Then we headed out to our first home out in Hampstead. I got a little overexcited when I saw there were Henri Moore items in the house and I didn't bother to read anything else. We got there to find out that you had to pre-book to see the house. Nice one Abby. Toby laughed at me and then we decided to go somewhere else. So, we wander around take a couple of buses and get to our next house. Yep, that's right. This place was only open on Sundays. This was Saturday. So, we wandered around AGAIN, took another bus and finally saw a place. Nope, no pictures, but I can tell you there were interesting.

Sunday I decided to bake a pineapple upside-down cake. It's SOOOO good.
Ab and Cake

After restraining ourselves from eating all of the cake, we headed down to Avenue road where a neighborhood day was being held. The highlight was the classic car club. Toby got to see his most favorite car ever....the Ferrari F40. He was so happy and wouldn't (or couldn't) stop talking about it.

Toby & F40 (2)

I liked this one a bit more. A Ferrari California Spyder. 1961. Yummy.

Ferrari California

No comments: