Saturday, May 08, 2010

the cold spring.

Blue Skies in Spring

Spring was here and then it disappeared. Now it is chilly and all dark again.

Last weekend I had a dear friend visit and we caught a little sun on Saturday. Headed to Pall Mall and Mayfair and saw a lot of ridicolous cars and ridicolous people gearing up for the big Gumball 3000 rally. Highlights included seeing Tony Hawke skateboard, a group do a little Michael Jackson dancing, seeing Toby's favorite car, the Ferrari F40, and my highlight...seeing Vivenne Westwood with her bicycle!!!!!

gumball 3000
.....BATMAN!
dress-up
squeal!!!!!

By Sunday we were stuck indoors, putting the heat on (!) and curling up under blankets, drinking tea and playing Uno and Scrabble. Well, there was tea AND a few g&t's just to remind us that it really was May.

my muscle photo
the disco dudes!

Did manage to get in a little walk and a Sunday roast at The Clock Tower next to Peckham Rye park. It was a bit empty in there, but once the rain looked like it would stop, the place filled up a bit. The walk home was nice and I couldn't resist stealing a few lilacs off a bush. Reminded me of taking some from our big backyard lilac bush and bringing them in for the teacher. Yep, I was that kind of student.

more pretty

1 comment:

jane said...

So cool that you saw her on her bike!! I'm jealous! I think she lives down in Bermondsey somewhere, i must hang out down near there. I love that your highlight of a car rally was a bicycle, haha.

Love your beautiful photos - the lilacs are gorgeous.