Sunday, April 15, 2007

Getting things current....

Ah...it finally happened. Our internet signal is no longer there and we are forced to pay to internet use. We just won't do it. Not right now away. We're going to move in August, so we'll wait set up a package then. In the meantime, blog posts are going to be even more few and far between. I just feel a little funny posting at work. I'm completely willing to poke around the internet and look at other people's blogs and pictures and things, but I won't be doing anything on my side of things.

Lots of little things have been going on. Toby got a haircut ( a cheap one even! he was really desperate to have his hair chopped, even briefly considered having his sister shave it! that's when i saw how desperate he really was). Toby got a new job....he's working at Ryland Peter's and Small (www.rylandpeters.com) i know it sounds like a law firm, but it's really a book publishers and he'll be working with big colorful illustrated books. Because of the Easter holidays, he hasn't even had a first week yet. We'll see how it goes....I bet he does awesomely. He's also recorded a demo and it looks like he'll play his first gig in Luton on May 1st. yeah for toby...

Toby's new hair cut

I've been doing more knitting and have almost finished my sock. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to knit the second of the pair, it's way too hard, but I'm pretty proud that I've worked hard at it. I also entered a poker tournament at work. Yes, yes I know, I don't really know much about poker, but I know the basics enough to join. We just published a book called Bigger Deal by Tony Holden, who's the man when it comes to Texas Hold'em Poker. He'll be coming into the office on May 1st (yes, i won't get to see toby play :( ) to play a little poker with 20 of us at work. I think it'll be pretty fun, so any pointers would be most helpful.....
My 1st sock

Other than that, we're just enjoying the most BEAUTIFUL weather here in London and getting REALLY excited about our upcoming trip to the STATES!!! Can't wait to be driving and spending time with friends and all of that.

See you soon!

1 comment:

Charlie Hobart said...

Congrats on the new gig, Toby. And looking foward to seeing you both in the States soon...