Sunday, June 01, 2008

it's getting there

my cardigan is looking like a cardigan! i have to sew on buttons and sew on the sleeves and make sure the pockets are in place, but other than that, it's a real cardigan!!

just the sewing up now

i'm really pleased, but now that i see what it's become, i'm thinking about the likeliness of me wearing it. pretty sure i'll be too embarassed to wear it to work. i mean, it looks like i knit the thing and that can't be good. people will ask if i knit it, i'll say yes, and they will (very kindly, though totally unconvincely) say how lovely it is. i don't know if i'll be able to take it, so i reckon it'll be a round the house sort of cardi. at least i'll stop wearing out my other cardigans.

in other news, we went to regent's park today and walked around the camden green fair and bikefest. went last year too. it's such a hippy fest. i say that in the nicest way, i promise. we ate freshly made donuts covered in sugar, listened to music, watched toby gaze at other people's bikes AND bought some herbs! my growing of herbs from seeds is going very slowly, so i thought if i had some plants it might go a bit faster. i have an apple mint plant, a coriander plant and some golden lemon thyme. i'll see how long it takes me to kill them. any advice though so i don't would be appreciated.

keep green. as i know you all are.

3 comments:

Charlie Hobart said...

Very impressive, none-the-less!

Anonymous said...

looks really complicated, well done - that must take some real skill.

Carisa said...

I love it! I tried knitting twice last spring and I just really sucked...and had no patience...teehee. I think it was the patience that was the problem. :-)